The company facilitates its customers by offering cloud services, domain registration and web hosting to almost 2 million websites. WordPress, Wix, Weebly and various site builder options are the main applications that aid the base shared hosting plans. In addition, Dreamhost secures help to half a million web designers, content workers, IT developers through Open Web. It was founded on 22nd September 1997 and the current headquarters are located in Los Angeles, employing approximately a thousand workers.
What are the Pros and Cons
As a company with 25 years of history, Dreamhost has pretty much to offer. It has established a decent reputation in the hosting market through the last two decades, sticking to its main priorities. What distinguishes the company in comparison with the other hosting firms is one of the cheapest starting plans (2.59 $ per month) along with a 97-day money-back guarantee (no hidden terms, the rest offers usually a month guarantee). Let’s see what are the rest of Dreamhost’s weapons on the market:
- Above Average Speed (719 ms);
- Above Average Uptime (99.96%);
- Basic Plan Benefits (free domain, SSL certificate, access to SquareSpace, Weebly and Wix; you can use as well Joomla, PhPBB, Zen Cart, Drupal, Magento, Shopify and Tumblr);
- Disc Storage and Network Transfer;
- Aware About the Environment (energy-efficient offices; offsetting carbon footprint);
- Prices Stay the Same when it Comes Time for Renewal (some hosts offer 3-4 times higher price when you should renew your subscription, Dreamhost offers the same price).
Despite the presence of so many advantages, there are some drawbacks that caught your attention:
- Live Chat Support (it is not 24/7 as described but available only from Monday to Friday);
- No Custom Panel for Customers (experienced users may have a problem with that);
- Dreamhost does not Offer Free Migrations for Sites.
Should You Sign Up
Of course. But if you have to choose only one, perhaps there are far better options. Anyway, Dreamhost offers some significant advantages and it is suitable for the small business due to its exclusive pricing and easy-to-use platforms for content management and etc.