Quick Facts About Green Geeks Hosting:
Green Geeks has been the leader on the market as they are one of the few eco-friendly web hosting providers. Their hosting platform has been created to function while at the same time stays environmentally aware. The company maintains the practice of putting back 3 times the power they consume into the grid in the form of renewable energy. It was founded in 2008 and its headquarters are based in Los Angeles, California. Currently, the company hosts more than 300 000 sites. There are data centers in Chicago, Phoenix, Toronto, Montreal and Amsterdam. The customer base consists of clients of more than 150 countries. Green Geeks’ portfolio includes Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Server subscriptions appropriate for beginners as we as for advanced users. It is best known for its decent speed technology and security novelties implemented as well as the great customer support.
Green Geeks’ Pluses & Minuses
Green Geeks has a lot to offer for the customers in the hosting market. Not only they are environmentally aware company but they also offer qualitative product that just a few of us can easily reject. Let’s have a look at why Green Geeks is considered one of the best web hosting providers:
- Satisfactory Uptime – 99.95% for the last year and a half;
- Better than Average Loading Time – 493ms. The average in the market is 890ms, so Green Geeks loading time is almost 50% faster than the average;
- Excellent Technical Support – self-help tools, 24/7 chat, quick and prompt answer;
- Domain and Site Transfer for Free ;
- Environmentally Aware – as we mentioned above “The company maintains the practice of putting back 3 times the power they consume into the grid in the form of renewable energy.”;
- Money-back Guarantee – the period is 30 days as in the majority of the web hosting providers. Well-spread practice but anyway it should not stay unmentioned;
- Additional Backups during the Night – regular backup of your data for additional protection;
- An abundance of Server Locations – the right choice od data center (Chicago, Toronto, Phoenix, Amsterdam) could cause significant impact on SEO and the speed of your sites;
- Content Delivery Network for Free – powered by Cloudflare and it is beneficial for the site optimization;
The pros-list looks pretty big but we are going to mention some key and embarrassing facts about Green Geeks in order to make the overall picture thorough and clear:
- Introductory Price of 2.95$ per month Goes with Obligatory 3-years Contract
- Strings Attached Refund Policy – Green Geeks secures you a free domain name but in case you call for a money-back, you will face some 24$ deduction. So, actually it is not free.
Our Final Verdict
Because of the generous mission of Green Geeks for going “green”, it would be hard not to become their fan just for that. So, we would personally give a try but please, stay aware of the tiny black dots that concern their manipulative starting price and the untransparent refund policy.